Karabowicz and Associates Privacy Statement
Karabowicz & Associates is committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request, and this privacy statement explains data collection and use in those situations. This privacy statement only applies to Karanet.com; it does not apply to our vendors. Please read the complete Karanet.com privacy statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you are registering before entering a contest, ordering e-mail newsletters, joining a limited-access premium site, and signing up for an event or training. Personal information collected by Karanet.com often is limited to e-mail address, name, or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
For example: If you choose a service or transaction that requires payment, such as signing up for an event/seminar, we will request personal information necessary for billing and/or shipping, such as: name, address, telephone number, and credit card number.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To ensure our site is relevant to your needs.
- To deliver services, such as newsletters, events, or training that you request or purchase.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Karabowicz & Associates, if you so request.
- We will merge site-visitation data with anonymous demographic information for research purposes, and we may use this information in aggregate to provide more relevant content. In some limited-entry sections of Karanet.com, with your approval, we will combine site-visitation data with your personal information in order to provide you with personalized content.
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Karabowicz & Associates may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Karabowicz & Associates or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Karabowicz & Associates or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Karabowicz & Associates employees, users of Karabowicz & Associates services, or members of the public.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, Karabowicz & Associates will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above. Karabowicz & Associates may send out periodic e-mails informing you of technical service or issues related to a product or service you requested, or confirming you requested a service or product. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service you have chosen.
Access to your Personal Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current.
Security of your Personal Information
Karanet.com is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit sensitive information (such as a credit card number) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Protection of Children's Personal Information
Karanet.com is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact Karanet.com by e-mail. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then call Karabowicz & Associates to notify us.
Changes to this Statement
Karabowicz & Associates will occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the bottom of the privacy statement. For material changes to this statement, Karabowicz & Associates will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Web site.
Karabowicz & Associates welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement, please contact us by e-mail, or postal mail.
Karabowicz & Associates
1215 Paramount Parkway
Batavia, IL 60510
Last Updated: Jan 2013